Foreign-language spectators, as well as spectators with hearing impairments, may now fully enjoy performances at the Théâtre de Carouge.
Spectators can now have access to individual electronic tablets with subtitles, for free, thanks to a new system developed by the Theatre. Currently, this service is available for several productions.
Upon arriving at the theatre, the spectator is issued an electronic tablet that displays subtitles in one of several available languages during the actual performance, usually English or French.
At present, the Theatre de Carouge will have at its disposal enough such electronic tablets equipped with a subtitling system.
Each tablet has a wireless connection to the Theatre’s sound booth, where a specialist controls the streaming of subtitles in sync with the real time performance.
- Inform the salesperson you wish to get an electronic tablet with subtitles.
- Tell the date of your planned visit and provide
- your name
- your email address
- a working telephone number
- Arrive at the Theatre at least 30 minutes prior to curtain time
- Bring your passport or ID card
- Upon entering the theatre, inform staff that you intend to use an electronic tablet
- An administrator will lend you a tablet in exchange for your passport, which will be held in a special safe.
- Return the electronic tablet to the administrator
- Your passport or ID card will then be returned.
Please inform the Theatre of your intentions, not less than 24 hours before your visit, by calling the ticket office +41 22 343 43 43 or sending an email to info(at)tcag.ch