Non-French speakers, come and see subtitled plays!
Free access to individual electronic tablets
Foreign-language spectators, as well as spectators with hearing impairments, may now fully enjoy performances at the Théâtre de Carouge.
Spectators can now have access to individual electronic tablets with subtitles, for free, thanks to a new system developed by the Theatre. Currently, this service is available for several productions.
How does the subtitling work
Upon arriving at the theatre, the spectator is issued an electronic tablet that displays subtitles in one of several available languages during the actual performance, usually English or French.
At present, the Theatre de Carouge will have at its disposal enough such electronic tablets equipped with a subtitling system.
Each tablet has a wireless connection to the Theatre’s sound booth, where a specialist controls the streaming of subtitles in sync with the real time performance.
How to get the subtitle tablet ?
First book when purchasing your tickets !
- Inform the salesperson you wish to get an electronic tablet with subtitles.
- Tell the date of your planned visit and provide
- your name
- your email address
- a working telephone number
Then, on the day of your show
- Arrive at the Theatre at least 30 minutes prior to curtain time
- Bring your passport or ID card
- Upon entering the theatre, inform staff that you intend to use an electronic tablet
- An administrator will lend you a tablet in exchange for your passport, which will be held in a special safe.
After the performance
- Return the electronic tablet to the administrator
- Your passport or ID card will then be returned.
If you purchase tickets online...
Please inform the Theatre of your intentions, not less than 24 hours before your visit, by calling the ticket office +41 22 343 43 43 or sending an email to info(at)tcag.ch